Thursday, November 18, 2010

A look back into the Semester

Today we got a chance to look back at the work that we have done through out the semester and I couldn't help but laugh. I felt embarrassed to turn in what I did. I think I have improved my work from the beginning. Something I felt I improved the most on was visual hierarchy. I didn't understand this until the reading and class discussions, and that's when I felt my work started to change. Another strong improvement for me is the typeface that I selected. I liked the bubbly and big typeface, and I can see that in my earlier work. I noticed that after the feedback from my peers about it was when I change my typefaces. I'm glad that I changed it, because it made my work look unprofessional. Another improvement I made is the overall presentation of my work. I remembered the first boards I brought in with the edges all jagged and ruff. Now I look at my boards and the ends are a lot better. That was a learning experience for me.

Some things I felt I struggled with, and still do is repetition, and figure and ground. I was always afraid to have repetition in my work because there is a such thing as too much repetition. Now I did add some to my work but I feel that I maybe more can be added
My struggle with figure and ground is that I always want everything to be seen. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is when it come to my work. I always emphasize the wrong thing. This is something I feel I am getting better at but can still work on. I know the figure is the most important, but I don't know how make the ground as important.

No comments:

Post a Comment